Sunday, January 11, 2015

(Old Post) Hyrule Warriors Release!

Well, this is actually an article back from September. I never really got around to finishing it, but I talked about a few of my pre-release thoughts on the game and stuff like that. I figured it'd be better to post it than to just let it sit here and rot in a hypothetical virtual jail cell of unfinished posts, so... here you go!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm just going to pretend I haven't been gone for half a year, and pick up where I left off.

Anyway, today marks the final release of Hyrule Warriors! Now, I haven't quite gotten it yet, but I plan to. Hopefully. Sometime. I'm a bit short on money right now, and I've got several games I want to get first.

Alright, I guess I owe an explanation. I've just been really lazy. I make that excuse a lot, but you know... procrastination is a strong force of nature. Almost as strong as gravity. Or something.

That being said, I've got a lot to catch up on, but I figured I'd start here, given that this is Hyrule Warriors's release day in North America.

I have to say, I'm not as hyped for the game as I was several months ago. I think I just got sick of all the news, screenshots, trailers, reveals, and more news. I swear, 2 out of 3 articles I've seen about Zelda have been Hyrule Warriors-related. It's gotten on my nerves a bit. It's just a spinoff, after all.

But is it?

I mean, it looks to be really faithful to the franchise, and don't get me wrong, I'm hyped as heck for it. I can't say I've every played any Dynasty Warriors games, but the inclusion of Zelda into the gameplay looks pretty sweet. I'm just a little tired of the articles. Then again, there's nothing else Zelda-related going on right now. Here's to hoping they show some footage of Zelda Wii U before the end of the year. Or maybe some Majora's Mask 3D?

No?

Nintendo. Please. You've been teasing it for at least 2 years now. Just do it already!

Well, anyway, back to Hyrule Warriors...

It's out! Hooray! As I said, I don't plan on getting it today, but hopefully within a couple weeks I'll be able to pick it up.

I'll probably post my early impressions on it once I start playing. If I ever get this post out, that is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annnnnnddddddd that's where I left off. Not much to say here, so I guess I'll just leave it at that. See you next time with a real post about my thoughts on HW. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment