Monday, July 20, 2015

Random Journal Thing (Mario, Pokemon, and stuff)

Now how's that for a title?

Haha. Basically, I just wanted to make a sort of mini-post before I'm gone for two weeks. Recently I've been playing quite a few new games, and I thought I might as well make an update as to what I've been playing.

First of all, I finally 100%ed both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 about 2 months ago. That includes playing the game a second time as Luigi in Galaxy, and getting all the Green Stars in Galaxy 2. I've had those games for such a long time, but that was my first time truly completing them. Honestly, I enjoyed Galaxy 1 a lot more than I had remembered. I always remembered liking 2 better, but I think my feelings might have changed recently. I just felt that the larger galaxies were more memorable and overall fun to explore this time around. A few that really stuck out to me were the Freezeflame, Dusty Dune, Toy Time, and Melty Molten galaxies. In case you were wondering, for whatever reason.

I really liked the Purple Coin star here. Going up to the top of the mountain and long-jumping off was awesome.
Climbing up that pillar and looking down was a lot of fun, as was the rest of the level.
Scaling the robot as it falls apart around you was cool.
And then I just loved the whole area in this galaxy. Blasting out of the volcano was a plus, too.
All in all, they were better than I remembered them being, and I remembered them being pretty good. I still think I prefer the Super Mario 64 and Sunshine type of Mario games, but they were a lot of fun.

Otherwise, I've been playing a lot of 3DS recently. I just beat Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising a week or two ago. I've had Kid Icarus for about 2 years but never really took the time to sit down and play through the whole game. Pokemon Y I got for last Christmas, and I just finally beat it after playing on and off for a few months.

Kid Icarus really exceeded my expectations. I remember playing it before when I first got my 3DS and not being too impressed, but I really enjoyed it this time through. I managed to beat every level on 4.5 or higher difficulty, but I'm still working on the challenges and such. The game really has a lot of similarities to Smash Bros. It makes sense, because the games have the same director, but I didn't realize before. There's a similar trophy system, a challenges system, and all the chests look the exact same.

As for Pokemon Y, I enjoyed it too, although I can't say it's my favorite Pokemon game. I've yet to play Gold/Silver/Crystal, and I never touched Black/White/2, but as for right now I'd put it above Red/Blue/Yellow and below Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I still had a whole lot of fun with it, though, and it was nice seeing all the new Pokemon. Since I skipped Gen 5, there were essentially had twice as many Pokemon that I had never seen before. I chose Froakie as my starter and Charmander as my second, and the team I beat the Elite Four with consisted of Greninja, Charizard, Yveltal, Lucario, Roserade, and Haunter (still need someone to trade with to get Gengar). Afterwards, I managed to catch Zygarde, Mewtwo, and Moltres.

I have to say, the legendary birds in this game are a pain. I can't exactly remember if it's been like this in other non-Gen 1 Pokemon games, but you have to track him down in the wild 11 times before he finally goes to the Sea Spirit's Den so you can catch him. And when you look in your Pokedex to see where he is, you have to walk all the way there, because flying will cause him to move somewhere different. And even when you do walk there, there's still a chance he's moved away by the time you get there. But I finally did it, so that was rewarding. And I used my Master Ball on Mewtwo.

I still have no idea what the Chamber of Emptiness is for. It's a little cave with nothing in it just south of Route 22. Maybe some event was planned for it? I'm not sure.

Anyway, that's about it. I'm still playing the game every now and then, but I've done most of what I wanted to do in the game. I completed the endgame Looker Quest, too.

And yeah, I actually took the time to take in-game pictures. Lame, I know. Might as well.






As of right now, I'm in the middle of 4 games. I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and Donkey Kong 64.

I got Xenoblade and Monster Hunter for my birthday on June 8th and just started them last week. NSMB2 I got for last Christmas (I think I actually made a post about that), and DK64 I bought on the eShop.

And Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the most amazing games I've ever played. Wow, I have so much to say about this game, but I'll save it for another time. It's just such a great game so far. I'm playing the Wii version, so yes, it was more expensive, but I'd have to say it's worth it. It just feels like a home console game, I guess.

Monster Hunter 4 seems pretty addictive so far. It's pretty fun. And New Super Mario Bros. 2 is, well, Mario. Same as usual. I'm actually pretty close to beating it, and then I'll only have 1 more to go. So far, it's been way easier than any of the other 2D Mario games I've played, but I still like it. I can see why people say it's repetitive, though. Doesn't do much new. I still haven't played enough of DK64 to say anything about it, but it seems a lot like Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, which is always good in my book.

And that's really what I'm up to right now. I plan to start Super Mario 3D Land when I'm done with NSMB2, and Metroid Prime 2 once I'm done with DK64. After Monster Hunter, I'll probably try to play Fire Emblem: Awakening again. I never really gave it that much of a chance before, like Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Anyway, enough rambling. That's it for my update! If anyone's reading this, tell me what games you're playing. Do it. Or else.

Not really sure where I'm going with this...

Well, I'll see you in the next one. Hopefully I won't be gone too long, but you can never know with schoolwork and the like. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment